View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 09:34 AM   #64 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDatl404 View Post
Just curious what everyday hard driving would do to reliability when boosted. Like transmission, rear end, driveshaft, ect. Can you still drive the car hard or is it going to pop something when you turn the boost up?
I will also add that boost will not be the 1st thing to destroy your car it will be denotation. A bad tune on a great kit & perfect supporting mods will destroy your car faster than anything.
Additionally, we have people who are putting hard miles on their cars with high power.

DJTodd: Link Is a track ready car with a twin turbo kit making some great strides
Phunk: Link Over 60k miles on a twin turbo kit and e85 who was pushing the 1/4 mile limits, what broke the car was the clutch/CSC at the drag strip.
My own car was at 70k miles with boost when my SC seized from a fluid leak and the rest of the car was running great. Engine is still fine even after this event, so now has given me my reason for upgrades!!

I can keep going on more cars from Fast Intentions, AAM, even GTM kits are still running strong on many cars, BP's kits are doing well. It comes down to going in with the right mindset and money.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote