View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 09:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg View Post
I've got to agree with most of these posts. I got my first Z (Aztec Red '84 2+2) when I was 17.

I worked and saved for a long time and paid for it myself (no rich daddy situation here , and even though I loved that car and tried my best to take care of it, I was simply too young and inexperienced to be able to do it well. (at least I knew to change the oil)... but the lack of overall driving and world experience did cause me to burn through the clutch pretty quickly... and there were definitely a few stupid/dangerous driving decisions that a little age and maturity would have easily avoided.

It's too much car for a teenager... but quite frankly, I think that in this country we let way too many teenagers drive (or, drive before they're old enough to be mature and responsible). Getting your license should be difficult. It should be a test that not everyone can pass.
i'm with you on this.

my first car (semi-joke) I was 14 and my pops brought home a busted 92 s-10 for us to work on as a project. sold that and at 15 got a 03 s-10 totaled and built it back up for my first car at 16.

at that age there is no way or reason I should have a Z. I was racing the v6 truck imagine if I had the Z lol my only positive was I had driving experience from karts and jr dragsters.

I think there should be a little more to the testing process to get a license or do what my dad did. I got one chance to pass my permit test AND only one shot to pass the actual license test or I wasn't getting a license.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote