View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 02:48 PM   #61 (permalink)
JaviZ
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nismo
JaviZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceThe1 View Post
Congratulations! I love this setup as well, and it's really affordable since it only calls for 2 tires initially (although an expencive 2 tires).

Those sidewall percentages you are looking at are really minute, the difference that matters is the overall diameter (how tall the tire is off the ground) and that's only 0.7% smaller (2.2mm shorter off the ground). That's why you can't notice it, because there's barely a difference. The 325s actually sit right between the Sport Package 275s and the Nismo 285s in overall diameter so you can't go wrong with that diameter.

I also noticed my ride a bit nicer, not as harsh which for our cars I can't say is a bad thing.

One thing that's puzzling me is the poke you have on the front.. Maybe the 285 yokohamas differ from the 285 kumho v12s I have on...but that's quite a difference. My rears are also perfectly flush to the fender without a spacer, but my fronts are about 5-6mm in, I'm really thinking of adding a 10mm spacer for the front because of that. How you have 1-2mm of poke in the front puzzles me...did you do an alignment to straighten your camber even more than original? Could the Nismo have different front suspension arms and/or knuckles...I doubt it but I don't know where that near 10mm difference is coming from on the front, and the rear is just like mine.
No alignment. I'm really not sure if I have different arms but I've heard the Yoko's run wider than a lot of tires. The poke is barely noticeable though, you really have to stare at it to notice. I plan on throwing RE-11s up front after these so we'll see how those sit.

Last edited by JaviZ; 05-11-2015 at 05:44 PM.
JaviZ is offline   Reply With Quote