View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 10:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
MikeUCFL
Base Member

Drives: '12 370Z Mag Blk 6MT
MikeUCFL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkinghl View Post
yeah the lost power happen after i extend the tail light wire , i mean i just connect 4 new wire (16 gauge taillight wire at walmart) to the tail light wire DIRECTLY then just leave the 4 wire in the trunk

i mean may me the resistor of the 16 gauge was so big that it drain electric from the car =>causing it to lost power (this time i not even connect EVO-R to that 4 wire yet) -and also this time daylight is set to off=>so how can it drain power when you did not turn it on ?

i notice that the taillight wire is just very thin compare to the 16 gauge wire i can find at walmart.

so what do you suggest a CORRECT wired ?
Not sure if I understand. What happened to mine was I was using a low and high filament bulb/harness. So when I applied power to the low filament wire (from normal lights being powered on), the high filament wire (connected to my brake light) was sending power back which caused the issue. I probably could have attached a diode or something to stop the reverse flow, but instead I only power the high filament when pressing on the brake and left the low filament wire alone. Hope this helps.