View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 09:35 AM   #5903 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux View Post
Blades, that oil cooler is so clutch lol.

When I put my splitter on (it sits 5" off the front of the amuse bumper), my oil temps will not rise above 180 in 70 degree weather (EDIT: at highway speeds) with duct tape over the front. Without tape (I had to run to the 7 Eleven for gas) it wont get above 150, which terrifies me.

On the track, however, my oil temps reached ~240. I changed my gear selections and stuck with 4th gear (instead of 3rd) in turn 1, and it helped a little.

I registered for NASA HPDE1 June 6-7

Thank you everyone for the advice! After speaking with everyone and with NASA registration, it makes most sense (even though I may be ready for HPDE2) to stick HPDE1 out for at least one more weekend at Summit Point Main.
240 isn't bad - why did you change your gear selection? ****, my Vette was hitting 280 on Mobile 1 last time lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
I should make a block off plate but i'm lazy lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwest2300 View Post
I used sheet metal and velcro, it works like a charm.
^^^^

How are there people still running w/o block-off plates? Premature engine wear can be pretty nasty below 160-180 degrees...takes just a little bit of time to trim up a custom plate for yourself, and throw a bit of velcro on...