View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 01:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux View Post
No problem!

Yes, it's a go pro hero 2 (I want to get a 4 before zdayz) that I have mounted via gopro suction mount on the inside of the hatch window.

I trimmed it down a lot. After the mustang passes me, it gets a little slow, but you can see the line the instructor had me take. When I catch up to the back of the pack is when it gets better to watch.

After seeing photos that Khoi took, I'm at least 3' off of turn in, so I really need to learn the car's profile. It's just difficult to look up track and keep turn in, brake points, and apex (basically the whole line lol) in your peripheral vision while balancing the car and trying to keep it smooth.

I had the chance to sit down and speak with Grand Am driver Liam Dwyer (awesome - awesome guy, by the way) and I told him its like high speed problem solving. He agreed and added that its high speed problem solving while keeping the car on edge.
Then yes, your GoPro mount is solid as a rock, as long as you dont stick it to something overly waxed. Glass works dandy, it's extremely sturdy.

I PROMISE I'll watch this tonight lol. Last night was busy again.

That being said, it sounds like you're describing typical newbie mistakes: not hitting the right turn-in points, not utilizing the whole width of the track, and managing throttle and all the other goodies simultaneously. This isn't uncommon at all, but you'll quickly get better. This is why I say, you just aren't ready to move up yet...MAYBE to the next level of novice, but otherwise, just stay where you're at and take it in for another weekend or two, at least.

You know you're getting there when you start to feel more "one" with the car, I feel. And, rather than feeling unsure as to what is going to happen at times, you are confident in yourself and your vehicle's capabilities, and are more inclined to experiment.

Actually, the moment I felt I was starting to get it, was when I felt my instructor was giving me an awful line to follow around the track, and that my line was superior. I later found that my line was, indeed, faster.