View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 12:30 AM   #57 (permalink)
Zipper 104
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '13 PW/Frost/Spt/AT
Zipper 104 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_Z09 View Post
But the Z is the opposite; it's hard to believe the speedometer when you look down and see triple digits because the power is smooth and deceptive. V8 muscle cars have neck-snapping torque to let you know how quickly you're accelerating, and the hot hatches have torque steer... but the Z just sort of zips along without any drama, then sticks like flypaper when you reach an apex and start to apply serious lateral G's.
Yup...I had my Z out for the first time in ages yesterday. There were people pulling up next to me on the freeway, slowing down and gawking like they had never seen one before.
There's one freeway entrance ramp I usually wail up like there's no tomorrow. This time I decided to just ease up it, like the old man I am. Well, I'm almost at the end of the merge lane when I see a car almost in my blindspot. I decide to just nudge the speed up a bit to put some space between us. No drama. I look down at the speedo and see 170 kph. (just over 100 mph) WTF? I didn't even get on it.
I didn't own a car for the past 15 years. I looked only at one 370 and bought it. Looked at nothing else. With Swifts the suspension is near perfect. It corners like on rails, hauls a** better than I ever need. It costs me the same as any other car to park and insure each month and gas mileage is really here nor there since I drive it so little.
I was thinking today that I bought the right car. The only alternative would be to go back to being carless again.
OP, buying yourself a Z really was a good choice. All the other cars mentioned in this thread are a dime a dozen out there.

Zipper 104 is offline   Reply With Quote