View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
I watched F&F up til Tokyo Drift, I'm somewhat picky with movies so I know that sequels don't always do better than their original. I decided that after Tokyo Drift that any more films were just going to get worse so I avoided the rest.

The ONLY reason I saw Furious 7 was for Paul Walker, I fully expected it to be a hyper-unrealistic movie with ridiculous explosions and car crashes and stunts to make it action packed to counter a boring plot and I was right. I'm sure they'll come up with F&F 8-12 before they say "know what? I think we're good, shut it down." Spoilers below if you've seen it.

( Click to show/hide )
In the first scene, the "evil guy" rampages through an entire hospital with little more than a pistol and takes out dozens of swat guys in armored vehicles and automatic rifles and body armor and just WALKS out of the hospital like nothing. Ooook...

And a top-secret government agency with agents that "don't exist", "just a shadow", allows a bunch of civilians to operate as part of a top secret military operation that has a hacker with a super-duper hacking program that could destroy the world, and instead of using a bunch of up-armored military vehicles with cannons and stuff, they use a Subaru STI, a truck, a buggy, and a couple other normal cars. Ooook...

I love how Vin Diesel crashes hundreds of feet down a mountain, flipping over dozens of times and he and the girl walk out of the car like "meh". Only for the end of the movie he jumps a car off a parking garage 2 stories, lands flat on the ground and he almost DIES. Really? Dramatic much.

Later, The Rock takes a torn out mini gun with NO ammo supply OR electric supply to spin the barrels or support for the massive recoil and begins firing thousands of bullets into the drone.

Just some of the weird things they got away with.

( Click to show/hide )
The best part of the movie was the last drive, that was the most powerful segment of the movie, and actually a great tribute.

-RyanG
you know how they get away with it?.....

because it's a movie lol

it's entertaining so who really cares if it's not super realistic. I go for the fun factor and the love of the series. I've grown up with the FF series and the PW tribute was actually hard to sit through for me. which is weird because I really don't give 2 fucks about any celebrities but this is different.

also what should have bothered you wasn't the Rock ripping a mini-gun with no ammo or power but the fact Paul keeps shifting a GT-R with the stick in 2 movies now.....and not the paddles. there's where your realism meter should go off lol
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote