View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 12:35 PM   #3297 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew303 View Post
Anyone have experience with this kit at higher elevations that dont sell 93 octane? here in colorado all we have is 91 octane.
I'm not at 7,000 feet, about half of that. At higher altitude a twin turbo is your best choice for performance. As you know at higher elevations the oxygen levels are lower so performance will not be the same as sea level. Your car will not perform as well at altitude, but that does not mean you can't get the most out of it for that elevation. The best way to do this is getting your car tuned there in Denver. My car was tuned in the LA area so the performance drop is noticeable but not enough for me to be upset about it. It is actually kind of fun because when I go to Las Vegas, Phoenix or LA and drop elevation it's like driving a new car, she flat gets up and goes. Also, if you have e85, I would go that route and then you can make well over 500whp safely. If you don't want too that or it's not available, you can do what I did and get tune for 100 octane as well. That will light it up at elevation as well.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote