View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 01:34 PM   #263 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRTim View Post
@FPenvy
I'm just basing my predictions off the numerous articles I read about the next Z being offered with "multiple" engines

@UNKNOWN_370
Tell that to Nissan who's gonna sell the 2016 Maxima with the VQ engine and thanks man but I've been a member here since 2009 just never posted lol

Anyone know if Nissan ever showed a 370z concept prior to unveiling it at the 2008 Los Angeles Auto Show? Any old articles would be nice
A. it's not cost effective nor a selling point to have 3 engines. only multi-million car selling models like jetta, civic, etc... offer something like a baby engine, hybrid, performance, and diesel.

a car like the Z being a low volume seller with a bit higher price point even 2 engines is not a great strategy. when you factor in wanting to expand slightly and smash the BRZ/FRS then yes a 4 banger, Z body, nad small price will make those cars go bye byes.

B. Maxima always gets the hand-me-down engines from the sports cars before they move on to the next platform.

C. the G37 was unveiled with the 3.7 VQ that also went into the Z. so by that you can say the 3.0L TT V6 shown in the Q60 unveiling is the next engine in the Z.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote