View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #361 (permalink)
Awgd8
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Q40 / 2008 EX35
Awgd8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rho View Post
This is a pretty amazing thread, thanks to everyone involved for your contributions to the community.

I had a question regarding lift-throttle behavior, specifically if anybody has found a way to influence it.

To see what I mean, cruise down the freeway, lay into full throttle for a second (don't really have to be going fast), look down at the shifter, then quickly lift off the gas. At least in my car, the shifter stays where it is for about half a second, then moves to the side, indicating the engine is now providing counter-torque. I'd like to see it move in sync with the pedal coming up off the floor.

That half second or so I believe is related to "rev hang" and a means of reducing NOx emissions caused by rapid throttle closure.

The problem for me is I autocross, and we often have to move the car through some rapid-fire elements which require coordination of steering and throttle. The delay in throttle response on lift, makes this much more difficult and inconsistent.

I'm fine with the way things go as the pedal is going down, but I'd like it to follow my movements on the way back up a lot better. Do these throttle maps influence this at all?

Thanks for reading, and in advance for the help!
Rev-hang is there for ease of shifting. Do you notice at what RPM it tends to shoot up or hangs for half a second? We can always experiment with the throttle map. We might not eliminate it , but we maybe can reduce it. That is why Wstar created this thread.
What RPM you normally find yourself having this delay issue? We can always tweak it!

Maybe try the Power Map and see if it lessens It.

or

ETC - "OFF" on Cipher.

Last edited by Awgd8; 04-09-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Awgd8 is offline   Reply With Quote