View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 11:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
forza370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 NISMO 370Z
forza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
No. Not exactly. They are large dual hex fittings so torquing would require special shorty open end wrenches that adapt to a torque wrench square drive.

The fittings are supposed to be tight when you get them. I'd suggest just making sure they are snug and don't move easily.

Just put two wrenches on and make sure they don't move. If I had done this it would have saved us over an hours work rechecking everything after we found a slight seep. Please keep in mind that them not being tight is an anomaly and I probably got the one set in a run of 100 that wasn't tightened properly when assembled.

Z1 was quite surprised and apologetic about this so I'd guess the likelihood of it happening to many others is pretty low. Just better to check before but be careful as over tightening them is very bad and will make them irreparable.
Great! Thanks for the tips.
09 PW 370z Nismo | K&N Drop Ins | HKS Hi Power | Berk HFCs | Work Meister S1 3P | Project Kics R40 Neo Chrome Lug Nuts | KW V1 | SPC rear camber arms/toe bolts | Southbend Stage 3 daily clutch | Southband 19Ib Steel Flywheel | ZSpeed CSC
forza370z is offline   Reply With Quote