View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 01:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
CarbonSignal
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
CarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant future

Response is good to start on fabrication side we will see number of people interested in. Please check updated first post with some more pictures from G37 and sample screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggins3377 View Post
this is absolutely something I would be interested in come fall/ winter. Sub'd for pics of your fabrication in the cubby hole.

Im curious could the joy stick be routed to the dummy switches in the center console?
We plan to put the joystick in front on screen where stock navi knob is making some grooves for the knob so it looks in place in the cuby hole replacement piece. But for any custom order it should be a big issue to mobe around the joystick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
One thing that is a must is adjustable screen brightness!!!!
Yes dimmer can be there but we were thinking to put on port linked to headlights when you turn those on screen goes dim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissanboy View Post
What I want to know is how to get those kind of gauges using the factory navi screen
Not sure what the port in OEM navi screen if AV/HDMi is there can be projected there

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3 View Post
How does this compare with a Nexus 7 running the Torque app? What are the advantages going with this setup?
not sure haven't used torque app but here we can offer kit with android app and can display same upto 14 readings. Can provide additional sensors which can be read from OBDII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator44 View Post
Of course this gets posted right after I molded an iPad Mini mount into my dash. The setup looks good! Props for the innovation!
Changing wont be that difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
Two questions:

1) What items from the OBDII connection can be displayed?
2) Any chance of an option for logging data to a SD card (preferably in .csv format)?
I need to get a list from some reliable source which inputs are there in our OBDII connection.

SD so far there isint any provision but we can inquire if can be done, but as of now there is no reader as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefaulter View Post
very interesting... too much $, not enough ROE for my N/A Z. I can see the benefits for boosted Z for sure. i'm curious if this can be enabled to do more than just gauges. maybe backup camera?

Can you guys fabricate tablet mounts?
The screen has an AV input and a pin for signal of the reverse light for an auto switch to AV once you engage the reverse gear so yes camera works fine.

We can look into fabrication but not sure if that works out better in terms or shipping back and forth.

CarbonSignal is offline   Reply With Quote