View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 07:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.alexander View Post
I'm in the same boat with you. Z will be my only car. And on top of that, it's my first rear wheel drive. But I say you can drive anything, just have to be careful; and of course, the all-seasons go without saying. Hoping to get through the rest of this winter without much snow, and then probably put all-seasons on for next winter.
A few years ago I drove 200 miles through a snowstorm in VA. Half the drive was through the mountains. I survived the highways by following in the tracks of 18 wheelers (going about 35mph max). When I exited the highway I was all alone on unlit roads with 4-5" of snow. It was tough and I thought I was going to slide off and crash a couple of times, but I made it home in one piece. The tires I had on the car at the time were stock Goodyear Eagles... 245 width. The car was making about 350hp at that time and I was running a 4.10 gear (stock is 3.27).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frozenmustang2.jpg (114.0 KB, 14 views)
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote