View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 12:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Zipper 104
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '13 PW/Frost/Spt/AT
Zipper 104 will become famous soon enough
Default I understand completely...

I understand where you're coming from. I just went through all this and despite all the DIYs and information on this site I had to piece all of it together to sort it all out to my satisfaction.

Here's what I did, or will be doing now after the fact;

1) Swift Spec-Rs

2) Rear camber arms ( I used SPL...these are adjustable; the stock arms only have a small range of adjustment using an eccentric bolt on the inboard end)

3) Toe bolts (SPC...to replace the stock bolts in conjunction with elongating the stock holes to extend the adjustment range in order to bring the toe back into spec once the camber has been brought back to spec...moving the camber messes with the toe)

4) Lock out bolts (SPL....to replace the stock eccentric bolts on the inboard end of the camber arms so they won't slip and mess up your camber; all the camber adjustment will be done on the arms alone)

Now what I haven't done;

Front Upper arms (to allow camber adjustment on the front end)

NOTE;

A lot of folks here have chosen to not do camber arms on the rear, nor toe bolts, nor lockouts, nor front upper arms, or did, or didn't do a combination of them. If you read through all the Swift related threads you will no doubt hear a lot of different opinions and reasons why people chose to do what they did. I make no judgements.
I did (or will be doing) what I did from the conclusions I arrived at reading all the stuff I was able to find. Like you, I wish I had been able to find it all in one spot.
Some folks were able to get their camber and toe settings after installing Swifts to a point they were happy without the extra expense. There are others here who chose to go all in and have their reasons. I did my Swift install initially without using lockouts nor did I install the toe bolts or elongate the holes. (even though I had the toe bolts in hand)
I am doing that now after the fact. I am not doing the front upper arms because the concensus here seems to be that almost everyone saw spec numbers without doing the front arms. (the front upper arms are mucho $$$, IMO, but I haven't completely ruled out doing them down the road)

Hopefully, others will chime in here on top of what I've said.
I hope I've helped a bit here. It all makes a heck of a lot more sense once you're gotten yourself under the car to see what's going on there.

Last edited by Zipper 104; 04-01-2015 at 12:58 AM. Reason: edit
Zipper 104 is offline   Reply With Quote