View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 07:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidZ370 View Post
SS>5.0 anyday imho especially when comparing the 1LE and the competition pack from the 5.0 wish the OP test drove the SS.
Ignoring whatever your personal preference on Ford vs. Chevy might be, I think it all depends on perspective. To me the GT PP is the far better street and daily driving car. Its got more stuff, it's nicer inside, and the suspension is set up very well for the street. It's a bit soft on track.

The 1LE is basically the track day car of the pair. Its got a serious track oriented shock and tire package right off the showroom floor, which the Mustang doesn't have. I'd rather drive the stock 1LE on track and daily drive the GT.

Its obvious to me Ford is leaving some room on the table to be filled by future variants. If you simply upgrade the shocks and tires the GTPP will be running with or out running the 1LE on track. The GT350 will take care of this (and then some), but the GT is still a really good everyday sports car.

So yes, the 1LE definitely outperforms the GTPP on track, but in my view it is not as nice of a car to live with on the day to day.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote