View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 07:48 AM   #690 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by airikrankin View Post
Perhaps i view things differently, i bought my z as a toy. Anytime i take it out it is for the fun of it. Bought mine 3yrs ago only put 10k miles on it. Its just not practical for anything else other than spirited driving. Not once did i ever wish it was auto, if i got stuck in traffic alot on say to work, i would wish i had a second car to drive to work that was an automatic. If i go to pittsburgh i just dont drive the z. Tho probly more because of the pot holes than anything. Where i live its open roads so the manual is for me. As far as saying all new sports cars are going auto and manuals are obsolete, this is true because not only are they automatic, there are many other features that keep the car on the road and under control. Allowing bad drivers to be good drivers with the false belief they were the reason for their track times, ignoring everything else that kept them from loosing it around a turn. People with money want to go fast, not all of them have the skills to do it.
the Z is practical in many ways I feel in the warm weather months at least. I mean if you're hauling kids or a construction worker I can see why it wouldn't be practical. I DD mine when the weather is warm (end of march-nov.) and it's perfect. even can fit 2 golf bags in the back.

I rarely take my Z into the city either based on parking. also based on the dbags who also park terribly there. Pittsburgh has the worst parking ever.

and just because a car is auto doesn't mean it gives a false sense of driving ability. I don't even know how my car actually reacts in "auto" mode. I never use it as an automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWillis72 View Post
I can tell you I have never gone into a turn on a race track and thought " wow a clutch pedal would make this fun!", if you think a 7AT is boring then I'm guessing you haven't driven one hard. Using a clutch isn't rocket science or hard to use, the paddles are just faster.
preach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airikrankin View Post
I dont think drag racing is pointless, just buying an auto to drag race. Those similarly equipped cars that were auto, the car beat you, not the driver. Do you think if that car was a manual u would have won? Thats the only point im trying to make with drag racing. If i were to race an auto i would probly loose but i wouldnt think it was because that guy was better than me. I know that an automatic shifts faster than a human. But if i were to race someone else in a manual and loose, then that person is a better driver

Racing on a road coarse or anything with hard turns the transmission means almost nothing(other than fun factor for some people) much skill/balls are required. It would be a drivers race.

Drag Racing an auto, well not much skill required

Also no i do not use rev match, i bought a base, had no interest for it
you realize top fuel runs automatics right? lol the auto being pointless in drag racing argument doesn't hold much water.

and the SRM is one of the greatest features on the Z. you're missing out on that one especially being a manual transmission advocate. unless you're the purist type then you'll think its pointless.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote