View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 12:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Here's the situation, and I'll try to be as brief as possible. Last few weeks as the weather has gotten colder the car has sporadically been throwing up random warnings on the dash. Occasionally the Brake light will flash and disappear, and that's usually followed the the traction control slippery car icon and the VDC Off icon showing up...and these do not disappear until the car is turned off and back on.

I have done nothing to the car since last year before ZDayZ, which was to upgrade the brakes with Z1's lightweight rotor kit, lines and pads kit. I have had absolutely zero problems until this last few weeks, with this.

My buddy at FireStone already checked my alignment (was slightly off due to recent snow and rain hiding potholes) and reset it...and also checked for hidden codes, and found 2...low brake fluid (which was wrong, we checked...was still over halfway full) and a loss of communication indicating a shortage to the ABS, VDC and ECM, which we suspect is the primary culprit.
Your first paragraph here is classic symptoms of low brake fluid level. The brake fluid reservoir should be filled to the max. Otherwise, heavy acceleration can slosh the fluid causing the e-brake BRAKE and/or SLIP lights to come on. I've had them come on with the fluid mid-way between min and max lines more than once.

Top off your brake fluid. I don't know anything about the loss of communication problem you are having, but I bet you anything the lights stop coming on randomly after you top of the brake fluid.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote