View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Pheonix
Track Member

Drives: Black 370 6MT
Pheonix is a jewel in the roughPheonix is a jewel in the roughPheonix is a jewel in the roughPheonix is a jewel in the rough
Default Loss of Communication Error

Hey guys...I'm not sure if this is the right area for this or not so I trust the mods to move it to the appropriate area if it's not.

Here's the situation, and I'll try to be as brief as possible. Last few weeks as the weather has gotten colder the car has sporadically been throwing up random warnings on the dash. Occasionally the Brake light will flash and disappear, and that's usually followed the the traction control slippery car icon and the VDC Off icon showing up...and these do not disappear until the car is turned off and back on.

I have done nothing to the car since last year before ZDayZ, which was to upgrade the brakes with Z1's lightweight rotor kit, lines and pads kit. I have had absolutely zero problems until this last few weeks, with this.

My buddy at FireStone already checked my alignment (was slightly off due to recent snow and rain hiding potholes) and reset it...and also checked for hidden codes, and found 2...low brake fluid (which was wrong, we checked...was still over halfway full) and a loss of communication indicating a shortage to the ABS, VDC and ECM, which we suspect is the primary culprit.

He advised I've got a bad ground somewhere and I should jack up the car and take a look...said it should be obvious wherever or whatever it is.

Here's my problem.

A) I have no idea what I'm looking for. Have never dealt with grounding issues.

B) If/When I find "it", I don't know what to do with "it".

So with all that being said, has anyone else experienced this problem before? If so, please advise how you fixed it, what your problem was, and what I can expect in terms of ease of repair in both financials and time spent.

Thanks so much!