View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Travis, I may be able to help you here. I did all the research already since I had this same question not too long ago. I ended up going with this...

Gripper 3025 6" Suction / Vacuum Cup Camera Mount CAT 614

I've been using it with an SDR-SR11 HD camera. The camera itself weighs a few pounds and trust me this thing is overkill. I have driven on the highway at 80MPH + with NO problems whatsoever and minimal shaking/vibration. It is fantastic.

As a little background, the suction cup is pump operated by hand. The suction cup is actually off of a industrial glass moving tool, for doing windows and mirrors and such. They attached a multi-joint manfrotto mount to the suction cup via a THICK metallic joint. It has a little warning line on the pump in case it is losing pressure so you know if you are in trouble before something happens. You can stick these inside and outside the car no problem and it doesn't leave a mark or scratches...

I have no doubt this will do perfect on the track. I was supposed to use it at the trackday today, but I went out too late last night and slept through the morning.

Last edited by RCZ; 02-15-2009 at 02:43 PM.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote