View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 12:05 PM   #90 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read T View Post
Would you rather the next gen be:

1) The same weight with 400hp
2) The same power with 400lbs less weight
I say option 1 based on the engine itself. if we get a boosted V6 from factory it opens up more possibilities for power where slight tweaks or a tune can make the factor of not shedding weight irrelevant.

look at the tenability of a GT-R or BMW 335. couple breathers and a tune and you're gaining 100WHP most cases.

the problem with boost and the current Z is that we're boosting a factory N/A motor. usually never ends well. but a boosted factory motor would be nice to play with and help us in the long run.

if Nissan builds a block as solid as the GT-R's for the Z it'll have great potential.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote