View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 11:48 AM   #86 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
well to be fair older AT's were not as efficient and control was not the same. heck even in the 07 IS250/350 AT's the paddle control was sloppy. compared to 15' IS's which has so much better control.

i said this before but i can see in the next 5-10 years auto's being the norm and manuals will not exist in production anymore with how technology is coming along. power loss will be insignificant, shifts ARE faster (in newer auto's / entry level luxury lines), heck it's arguable it's safer as you're focusing on driving as opposed to shifting.

that being said i'm still glad i get to learn the MT skill.

no lube or bust.
yea I agree there have been some just god awful paddle shifted ATs in the past 5 years or so. most fall short but that makes me happy that the Z's is so good. test drove both the MT and AT when I was buying. tested 3 MTs and after my first AT test I was sold. Nissan got it right.

lets ho the next Z they hit another home run with the AT.

but I also agree with learning how to drive a stick is a good skill to have. the joke anymore is a stick is the worlds best anti-theft device lol

as for lube......blood is natures lube
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote