View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Light Review: Nismo F & R mass chassis dampers, installed on Sport Package Z

Well, I finally managed to do it -- thanks to forum member '12NISMO370Z (BTW, great guy to do business with -- help him part out his Nismos! 370z NISMO part out )

For the F, it will bolt right in; for the R, you also need a different subframe brace off of the Nismo or to weld in brackets (see further here DIY: Adding Rear Nismo Performance Damper )

F damper by itself (done on previous and on this Z) seems to make the car feel more "composed" in corners during turn in, but otherwise does not appear to vastly alter handling feel or response; R damper (surprisingly) seems to nudge the car ever so slightly towards more oversteer with less driver input.

More on this as I continue to play with the Z, but it seems as though less input is required for turn in -- I guess dampening the lateral weight transfer results in a slipperier rear with less effort?

It stands to reason, but I was caught a bit off guard in a spirited turn, even though it's my front tires than have less tread on them, and the rears are both wider than OEM (285 rather than 275) and have less wear.

The rear also feels a bit firmer in a straight line -- as if canceling out some horizontal weight transfer makes the vertical shocks a bit more noticeable - maybe I'm imagining that?

Thoughts? Comments?

Last edited by Jordo!; 02-16-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote