View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 06:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Rahul718
Base Member

Drives: Nismo Z
Rahul718 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies. So I did a test with with keeping a close eye on my shifts

- as soon as I got out of 4th and I moved the shifter up, very careful not to touch the gate of 3rd, and all the way to the right and up to 5th. Did this 20 times and it didn't happen once. I found that it's VERY VERY sensitive when I'm higher in the rpm compared to below 3k. Sensitive as in, I need to be extra careful when shifting at 4-5k RPM to absolutely not at all get anywhere near 3rd when I'm shifting up to 5th. This sensitivity isn't there below 4k.

- but today it happened again even when I thought I was being careful...so it's just weird

- if something is wrong with SRM wouldn't it affect all the gear gates and not just the 4-5 gear gate?

I just think the 4-5 gear change is more sensitive than other upshift combos, as in, it'll rev to 3rd even when you THINK you had a clean shift. Anyone else feel the same?

I know everyone's prob tired of this thread by now and my bitching but I appreciate everyone chiming in

Last edited by Rahul718; 02-05-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Rahul718 is offline   Reply With Quote