View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #167 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
I bought this hood on impulse even it looked so sexy I had to have it. Here is my assessment of the hood:

First off, pictures do not do it any justice it look much better in person. According to my brother the hood was extremely well packed and took him about half an hour to unwrap. The installation was simple and straight forward. The fitment is spot on, no adjustment needed.

The hood is fully functional and reeks of quality. As you can see in the photos, you can not see daylight from the inside vents. The hood is scooped so the air flows into the vents and is funneled to the outside vents which are place vertically on the side of the hood which gives it a unique look. The vents have gutters to move water down the hood and drain in front of the engine bay.

I drove back home on Sunday night and the temperature was in the mid 50s. Let's just say the 3.5 to 4 hour trip went by quickly as I40 is lonely highway late at night on a Sunday. The hood performed flawlessly, there were no strange vibrations, no noticeable or weird flexing or unusual sounds. This included runs in the mid triple digits...oops!!!

When I got home I did the most used method for checking for heat coming through the vents...I waved my hand in front of the vents and hot air was being emitted from the side vent in a significant way. The vent near the windshield didn't seem to have as much heat coming from them but there was warm air non the less. It could simply be a function of the length of the vent and the opportunity for the air to cool by the time it reach that far back as well.

All in all I believe the hood is differently worth the money. Saving for a clear bra now!!!
Very nice! Looks great!