View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 06:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
Nut_N_Much
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awesome Car
Nut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond repute

Nothings bent or needs shimmed.
1. The bracket the Vortec Supercharger is mounted on bends when it gets bolted on to the face of the motor. The front of motor is not flat its concave.
2. Adjust it all you want on a bench when you mount it, the tension will change.
3. To get the tension set right the tentsioner pulley will hits the timing plate.
4. Yes you can cut a grove into the timing plate were the seam is to get clearance and it will not cause leak or damage your motor.
5. Tension Shaft isn't bent it flexes, grade 5 bolt; its just a bolt and nut holding a adjuster shaft that can't be access after Supercharger is mounted.
6. I used the same size COG as you did, then switched to the one Osirus shows you. I bolted it to a drill and uses a file to clearance it from the suspension bolt on the fender well.

This isn't an issue with the stock kit because pulleys and tensioner have 1/4 lip on them. I PM'd you my phone number give it to the shop if they need any help. I have done a lot of work on Stillen Kits.

Last edited by Nut_N_Much; 01-29-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Nut_N_Much is offline   Reply With Quote