View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyn View Post
The new M3 is not well recieved in the Bmmer world, most of them are still sticking to the NA V8 M3.
M235i is not bad, have my eye on it too. I would say the reliability has gone up since the introduction of N55 engine.

What about the Audi S3?
The N55 is a fantastic engine! It's not as mod-friendly as the N54, but I think it makes up for it in other ways. Stock for stock it is a better engine, and the efficiency is ridiculous. We averaged almost 37 mpg in our '13 335i M-Sport on the way back from picking it up in North Carolina. Incredible.

I think most of the reliability issues with the N54 were related to the HPFP and the turbos, but BMW took care of those issues.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote