View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #56 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Bus View Post
Mwagner, I agree with what mustang has said. I don't own a M235 but got to drive one very hard over different types of roads. I was very impressed as it has precise steering, handles great and accelerates very well. It's smooth and quiet of road noise as compared to the Z. It's a car that is engineered very well and has me considering an M car as my next car.

Here's the weird thing though, when I got back into my Z to drive home. I enjoyed driving the Z more. The only performance mod I have, is an exhaust on the Z. I guess the steering feedback (235 is precise but lacks feel) and rawness of the Z is something I never realized I enjoyed that much. Electronic gadgets/features, leather seats don't get me excited but the raw feel of a sports car does. As mustang said above, two completely different cars and it depends on what you want out of your car.
I totally understand your second point. In isolation I think the Z (or really any other sports car) is going to be more fun to drive in anger on a twisty back road. But when you start talking about a car that you will be driving every day, it's hard to beat the balance of the M235i.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote