View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 12:56 PM   #188 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSMO View Post
No I don't think you would loose any torque but the curve would change.. You have to figure the ID ( inner diameter) of that 3" exhaust is probably 2.75 depending on the wall thickness. Turbo/ turbo's need No backpressure, Superchargers need some though...
Inside diameter of a 3" piece of tubing is 2 7/8". Standard thickness is .065" (1/16") on exhaust tubing.

Quote:
Also that turbo is rated at 750hp since it is non ball bearing so I was expecting atleast 700whp on e85.. The max on that turbo should be right around 36psi..
The compressor is rated to flow 75lbs/min, and the fact that it is a BB turbo does not change that spec. Remember, the compressor can flow that much, but a small turbine can't. So when looking at a turbo and the HP rating, always assume that the HP rating is for the largest turbine available for that particular turbo.

Quote:
Here is a dyno I found from a Toyota supra using a 6266,6466, and 6766 precision turbo.. Notice the 36 psi but also keep in mind the toyo has a 3.0 liter motor and the z is a 3.7. The z will allow more air flow volume so 36 psi would not be needed...
Also, comparing a 2JZ engine to the VHR engine should not be done. They are very different. The VHR heads will flow 4 times more air...again, flow will reduce pressure and increase efficiency.

I have customers using the 6266 turbo on the VQ35, and making mid 600's on pump gas at 18psi of boost, not E85. The big difference is flow, because they all have the large T4 turbine housing.

Quote:
The 2.5 in your case is fine because you have aftermarket MAF's.. The stock would have maxed out at 17psi with 2.5" intake tubes..
Pressure and flow are two very different things, and if you can run 17psi of boost on the stock MAF's, then you have no flow (since this is what the MAF sensors measure). If you don't have flow, something is choking the system.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 01-23-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote