View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 01:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
forza370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 NISMO 370Z
forza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to behold

This is a good thread. I was asking this question over here and facebook group a couple weeks ago since I need to replace my CSC asap. But unfortunately didn't get much feed back.

But here is what I've learned so far. Hope it helps.

Z1 kit:

1. Not so many people have them. But from those who have the Z1 kit they all very happy with it. No issues or what so ever.

2. It's a "new" design(well not really new) that get rid of the traditional CSC on our 370z completely. Seems pretty promising. And if anything goes wrong, you don't have to drop the tranny since it's mounted outside which will save lots of labor.

3. It's $100 more than the ZSpeed HD CSC tho.

4. It's bit more complicated to install than the ZSpeed CSC since the ZSpeed CSC is a direct replacement of the OEM CSC.

5. From what I understand, the z1 kit is not universal which means you have to tell Z1 what clutch kit you have. For example, JWT, Southbend DXD, ACT, OEM... So if you have Specialty Z clutch/fw on your car you might out of luck.

6. Since this kit is mounted outside the tranny, it's not compatible with BP turbo kit if you are going to this route.

ZSpeed HD CSC kit:

1. Most people on here are using the ZSpeed HD CSC kit. It's out there for 4-5 years and very popular. Among the people who have it, most of them are happy with it. However, I do hear people had bad experience with the ZSpeed kit. I know 3 cases. So someone brought Joe from ZSpeed onto my thread. Joe told me he has sold around 400 units and only had 3 bad examples. Among the 3, one didn't tighten the bolts and the other 2 didn't change the master cylinder at the same time.

2. It's $100 cheaper than the Z1 kit.

3. It's easier to install since it's a direct replacement.

4. The ZSpeed kit doesn't have any compatibility issue.

So here are the Pros and Cons I've learned so far. I ended up ordering the ZSpeed kit. But it's up to you to pick whichever kit suits you the best.
09 PW 370z Nismo | K&N Drop Ins | HKS Hi Power | Berk HFCs | Work Meister S1 3P | Project Kics R40 Neo Chrome Lug Nuts | KW V1 | SPC rear camber arms/toe bolts | Southbend Stage 3 daily clutch | Southband 19Ib Steel Flywheel | ZSpeed CSC
forza370z is offline   Reply With Quote