View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 11:49 AM   #32 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyaPGH View Post
Sounds like an oil cooler and brake mods are on the top of the list.
I don't really have a goal. The car will be a weekend cruiser / occasional track day car. Nothing serious. Looks are important, too as it's supposed to be my "fun" car. Otherwise, I would've been looking at STis or EVOs lol
You guys are right about the seat time, though. But I'm a "planning" kinda guy, so I thought I'd post on here and get some ideas. I like uniqueness in cars, so a body kit is a must for me. My daily driver is a Toyota Venza, so I need a bit of flashiness in my weekend car.
If someone would've told me NISMO would be a better car to start with, I would look at it, but from what I gathered, NISMO isn't really any faster (traction problem?). I read somewhere that it comes with stickers saying you shouldn't use a car wash because the huge wing may get damaged? So, getting a used 370z touring model seems like a good start, especially I can find one several thousands cheaper than NISMOs.
I thought about forking up the money for an used GT-R, but I like to have the clutch, even though GT-R's semi-automatic shifts faster than any human can.

No other recommendation on the Nissan tuner other than the one in eastern Pa?
A good oil cooler, brakes, and brake fluid are 100% must-haves with this car. One will let you race longer than 10 minutes. The other will keep you from dying.

Careful with appearance stuff, as you may run into ground clearance issues on some tracks (Summit Point's Shenandoah Circuit has a carousel a la the Nurburgring, that you must drop into - that caused problems people w/ clearance issues...).

NISMO is, indeed, a waste of money for the most part. If you're going to go appearance mod crazy anyway, dont waste your cash.