View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #27 (permalink)
carlitos_370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Nissan 370Z SP M6
carlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Sort of -- they are stiffer and perform better, but really, the major advantage is that they are inexpensive.

If you want better than OEM on a budget, go for it. If you have a little cash to play with, I say pass on coilovers and get a set of Koni yellows plus swift springs.
i already have the Swuft springs and i love them... eventually im going to buy the Koni struts for sure....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
FYI... Swift springs are linear and not progressive. IMO, they are probably one of the better after-market springs. There is plenty of info out there.
i come from an Sti with BC Racing Coilovers and a few more suspension upgrades and trust me when i install the Swift springs on my 2013 Z + Sport Package i fall in love... the call turn perfect, drop was perfect... best springs i ever run on a car....
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorofhavoc View Post
I agreee but from a performance standpoint i'd never get swift springs. They're great for lowering your height while keeping the ride comfy and not blowing your stock strut, but they are progressive springs, and progressive springs are terrible for performance because they're not linear. With hard driving you'll get snap under and over steer. Either keep the stock springs or go to stiffer non-progressive springs...but that's for performance only. if you want a drop that's a different story
Dude i dont know were do you find the info... but you are completely wrong about Swift Springs.... the performance from those springs i cant tell you from my personal experience that work 99% perfect... and im runing just the spring with OEM Struts and SPC rear camber arms.... My car is a DD, i spend 70% of my trip from my house to my work in turns and the other 30% on highway... the car run just perfect... the drop its perfect.... everything its perfect.... even making Touge hahaha!! just do a research and you would see what im talking about I know read somewhere that people use the KW coilovers with Swift Springs... i think was on a build on a coverage from Speedhunters...
carlitos_370z is offline   Reply With Quote