View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Business Kat View Post
Just supercharged my z and other than a borla exhaust it's all stock. A few weeks later, I was driving normally one day and I go to shift into 5th and my car made a terrible noise. The next day I noticed the clutch feeling spongy and about half my hp and torque missing. Time for a new clutch!

I'm a total noob to all this so just throw out some stuff for me, or just make a decision for me, and ignore all ignorance I just moved to austin to the less stuff to think about the better.

-I'm hoping to keep it all under 1k (not including labor)
-Car has 475 whp and 358 trq @9psi pumping 91 ( I may upgrade to 93 )
-I will probably enjoy a couple track days now that I'm here
-It's a daily driver but I'm addicted to responsiveness and acceleration
-I have no idea what the purpose of a csc and flywheel are
-And will I need to get another tune or will everything be fine?

The smoother the feel the better (duh?). Noise shouldn't be an issue because I usually blast my music but I don't like rocky alarming sounds. And finally, I don't want it to be super hard to push in. I've been sleeping on the floor waiting for my furniture and I have no friends so I REALLY appreciate the support here
You aren't going to be able to keep it under $1k. You need to purchase Flyhweel/Clutch/Pressure Plate/CSC and most likely a new CMC.

I'm running the following and it holds my power just fine.

Z1 370Z / G37 Clutch and Flywheel Combo

You will also need the ZSpeed HD CSC ($325) or you can go with the Z1 Elimination kit mentioned in the bottom of the link above. With a new CMC and fluid you are looking at ~$1200. There are other setups but they are more expensive. You can get a Southbend setup:

ZSpeed Performance South Bend Complete Clutch Package Stage 2 Daily 370 G37 G35

Everything you need for $1400.

I would expect 5-6 hrs of labor at a good shop.

You do not need a retune but baby the clutch for the first 300-500 miles. Don't slip it, no hard acceleration, etc.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote