View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 04:40 PM   #347 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post

Cons:
- Getting the 4th turbo flange bolt installed is pretty tricky and takes a little time. Nothing as frustrating as the old coupler location, but still takes a bit of effort.
- The turbo charge pipe is now the lowest point of my car (you can see if in the photos). I don't think I lost any effective high-center distance because it is still pretty close to the front tires but it is the lowest point. It is NOT tucked up above the sub-frame.
I assume that you are talking about the turbo flange bolt, at the top, closest to the compressor cover. It helps if the oil reservoir is off the turbo, but yes, it is the toughest bolt to get at on the manifold..

On the IC pipes, as a result of your reviews, I will update the pipe and send you that section at no charge….

The pipe that goes under the transmission and couples to the turbo will be made from two pieces and coupled with a silicone coupler (vs single pipe). The other change is that the section going under the transmission, and in to the compressor outlet will be 2.25” vs 2.5”. This is the same size as the compressor outlet inside diameter, so it is not a reduction.

This will allow for better clearance, and give the installer flexibility in this section.

Here is the two pieces side by side:

On the left you can see how the (new revised) lower pipe slides in to the upper pipe. This is where the flexibility will happen, making the install even easier. If, for some reason, somehow this pipe is damaged on the road, over a bump…whatever, I will send a replacement at no charge, and cover the shipping.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote