View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #552 (permalink)
jrb55gh
Base Member

Drives: '13 370z black 7AT
jrb55gh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Synergy View Post
That's the tuners call to post that. I'm not sure what was done but from days beginning till days end we targeted and achieved pretty much 12.5 the whole time. All I know 100% is the cars timing is WAY down vs what mine and others are. This again doesn't affect all you as the car still made good power but something's up!

If I'd of known better about the owners 08 80,000 miles g37 7at with HFCs id of never picked him as a test car. I wanted a 6mt catless but I'm committed to him now.
I read your whole thread. Getting verifiable results to prove your concept with minimal investment is a tough assignment. But you did it. Thanks for all seeing it through to a usable conclusion.

I compared your 23 degree timing with the datalog on my stock 2013 7AT with ECUtek tune and noticed that my max timing at full throttle is 29 degrees. That timing does not knock on my stock 370 with clean combustion chambers. The reduced 23 degree timing required for your 80k mile test vehicle may be the result of deposits in the combustion chamber causing hot spots and/or raising the compression ratio.

Somewhere in the thread you mentioned verifying flow through the manifolds on a flow bench. That is a great idea. Some cylinders may be receiving more flow than others, running leaner and knocking. If you can adjust the porting to make the flow equal to all cylinders, you may be able to crank in more timing and unlock more power.