View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you get a bottle warmer for your tank. You will be able to get consistent spray due to bottle being regulated.

--What made you decide to go with a fill station?
My buddy owns a performance shop and he wanted to get into nitrous refills. I purchased the filling station and he is marketing nitrous installations with refills for 40-50 bucks, I forgot the exact amount.

We are going to mobilize the refill station and take it to US 131 a few times in the coming year. We'll see how that goes.

--Convenience and cost?
Convenience for sure, we have the only N2O fill station in town and I fill up at cost. The large tank is about 200-220 bucks + rental per month. The large tank holds 100lbs. My tank is 10lbs so I can get 10 fills per tank.

--How much per pound are you paying for a fill?
100 / tank size. 20 - 22 bucks for my tank. ... so 2 bucks a pound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrover View Post
^ Excellent post Gbrettin. That's the kind of review I was hoping for.

I live in norther New Mexico. We have excellent mountain roads and a lot of flat-out straight 'how fast can she go'...uh...opportunities!

When I first got the Z I was very impressed with the straight line power, but as most here on the FI side of the house feel, a 'hold on to your hat' blast coming out of a turn is lacking a little. Twins is something I would relish but with two girls in private school, one getting ready for college, and a wife who doesn't understand that 600hp is 'better'...Well let's just say TT isn't gonna' happen.

Hence No2. For around $2k with tune I can run 100hp safely, and get the effect I really want. That is to say, a slingshot blast roll-on.

I'm looking at the Maximizer 4 controller that Nitrous Express sells. I like the idea of having all the No2 tuning options it allows via laptop. Skip a gear, progressive, AFR monitoring, fuel pressure, bottle pressure...Seems like a tinkering dream! LOL!

You're right about the fills. That's the one thing that I have yet to research. Being in Santa Fe, I doubt there is a local fill...I have a feeling it will be 60 miles south in Albuquerque...If so then a fill station might be in the mix. What made you decide to go with a fill station? Convenience and cost? How much per pound are you paying for a fill?

Again thanks for the response!

--D
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote