View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #40 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

DavidZ, no need to hide in the closet. You just got to know what you are chasing! If you are only going to do a CAI then I would go with long tubes, they will give the best bang for the buck but if you add exhaust and or test pipes then it's a game of diminishing returns. With full bolt on N/A you can expect 320whp + or - 5whp! Just go to the exhaust section and read all you want. Some have made 330 or so but they are in the minority. With full bolt ons and short tube or silicone tubes the average is about 315whp + or -. Those numbers are fine on paper but really most people won't be able to realize the difference just in driving and really even more so racing! There a whole lot that goes with getting everything out of the Z...mostly driver related then tires and suspension setup.

I did both these setups when I was N/A and it was an expensive learning curve...Spooler got it right, if you have any plans to go FI then save your money and spend what you can afford on supporting mods first.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote