Thread: Vegas Speak Up!
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #1961 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncarlopang View Post
i can shell out 3k max. i would like to start off with bolt on exhaust then intakes. and im not a racer, i just want to feel the sound of the car. and a good head start. i feel like the car is lagging...
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncarlopang View Post
i have no time to go to cali
Sounds like you are style guy....nothing wrong with that! You should spend some time though learning about 370zs. They are some general tendencies that most of the Zees share but each one has it's nuances!

First off if you want more performance out of your non-aspirated car...get rid of the throttle lag which is common to many 370z, then you will need a tune. Bolt on such as the long tube intakes that have been mentioned and a more open exhaust may actually cause the response to be worse. It may not but some ecu's have a harder time adjusting to the increase air flow.

You don't have to go to Cali for a tune if you go with a tuning package like ecuTek. You can read about it in the Tuning section. I would also call Sebastian at SpecialtyZ and talk with him about your goals. He is a no nonsense tuner and will give you sound advice.

If you decide on long tube intakes, they are more difficult to service than short tube versions or silicone intake manifold tubes. In order to service the filters on long tubes, the front bumper has to be removed. Short tubes or silicone tubes are really no different than oems to service. The difference in performance between the two are nominal, 5 to 10whp max. The cost is also less for short tubes or silicone tubes by as much as $100.

You can also save some coin if you are only looking for an aggressive exhaust note by purchasing an axel back system such as AAM short tails. This system will not provide any real performance gains, but they sound awesome.

There is a ton of information on all these setups in the exhaust and tuning sections, just google it! It's easier to search that way at times.

Anyway, that is my two cents...I hope it helps. Also, with some these thing I'm sure you can find someone on here to help you with them.

Good luck...
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote