Thread: CV3 Wheels
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #31 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
OP, CT, lemme throw in my 2 cents.
I agree not all cast wheels are made equal
I think Vossen has some sexy designs, their 5 spoke thing is amazing IMO.
BUT I have probably heard about more Vossens breaking on a DD than friggin Varrstoens.
And I have personally seen accidents involving Volks. Like, guy hits a curb at 30-45 jumps on the curb, and the Volk ends up with a small bend. I have even seen REPAIRED Volks hit the same curb at 30-45 in ALMOST the same spot and STILL be barely bent... Hell, I've hit some big arse potholes at high speed and have yet bent a Volk, the same potholes that bent my buddy's IS250 wheel

Now, taking that into account, IMO there are a few safety features on a car that are owner dictated (in order of importance in my mind.)
Tires, brakes, wheels, lug nuts.

That being said, my goal is function, then form, so for me, I'd rather bleed the extra grand or so to have the peace of mind knowing that the wheels will take a beating over design of the wheel, and if push comes to shove and I hit soemthing and my tire has gone out, I'll drive on them to safety too, lol
CV3 is the sexxxy design

And hey, different strokes for different folks. (As long as the OP doesn't do hellafuckinretarded stance, I'm ok with the CV3 choice)