View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
TerribleONE
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WOT
TerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alcon BBK review

I have yet to see a independent review on this system so I just wanted to post up about my great experience with Sharif @ Forged Performance and with Alcon.

Communication: 10/10 Sharif was more than helpful throughout this entire process, answering any questions I had, as well as updating me with tracking info while he was at SEMA.

Packaging: 10/10 The brakes arrived in four separate boxes, and were packaged perfectly. They definitely take their time and make sure that the possibilities of damage during shipping are slim to none. Besides the obvious, the kit also came with SS lines, and Motul RPF600 brake fluid

Performance: 10/10 I have had the privilege of driving my fair share of performance/super cars so I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what good brakes feel like, and these definitely feel like GOOD brakes. I have only put about 65-70 miles on the car but I did take one of my favorite canyon roads home and these things BITE! What's most impressive, is I am on their mild pad set-up to keep noise to a minimum (I haven't heard any) I cannot imagine what these things will really do once I break them in a little more and get to really lay into them. I really don't think I could even outdrive these pads unless I went to big willow or another heavy braking track.

Fit & finish/looks: 10/10 Obviously my main concern was performance, however id be lying if I said looks didn't play a small role in the upgrade. My god do these things look sexy. The standard finish on the caliper, the signature Alcon rotor, etc.

Once again, a huge thank you to Forged Performance for helping get the brakes my Z deserves! I will definitely be adding more to this as I have some better pictures, and more canyon/track time on these but so far I cant think of one bad thing to say.