View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1Performance View Post
I couldn't disagree more ^

Not every car has it actually

The paint on my last Audi was among the flattest I have ever seen on a new car and it was nothing special - just a B7 A4 Avant. Some of the higher end models also have fantastic paint (BMW 6 and 7 series and Mercedes S class come to mind). Same with Porsche. Even the paint on my current daily driver is very flat, and it too was not a particularly expensive car

Wetsanding is very, very labor intensive, but it's what many cars need, even from brand new, to bring the most out of the paint. We painted my entire 350Z here at the shop a couple years ago. We spent around 30 hours wetsanding it afterwards, to ensure it was perfect. Look up detailers in your area, I'd bet you'll find that the ones truly worth using will be happy to go through the process for you, and the paint will look amazing as a result
You must be very lucky, then. I've looked over Porsches with orange peel just like the Z.

If you really scour over the paint with a fine tooth comb you will find the peel.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote