View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Element600ee
Base Member

Drives: 10 370z Monterey
Element600ee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil370z View Post
your rates on insurance won't go up, you were not in the car when this happened, it was a hit and run. call the cops for at least a police report. Call insurance, get a high estimate from your local shop, since you have a 2014, oem parts are expensive so your estimate should be more than 500 easily once you get the check, fix it, bam you're set.
dont take this as me being a know it all plz im just speaking from my exp . your rates will not go up yes but this is not completely true . this exact thing happened to me about 3 years ago . car got hit in a parking lot and actually crushed the quarter from the door to the tail light . called the ins had it fixed . no harm no foul . so when i went to buy my z last summer i called to get a quote on my ins and it popped up that i had a no fault claim on my ins and my ins was actually 35 more a month until the 3 year mark from when this happened was . it blew my mind and actually got me pretty upset . no my ins didnt go up when it happened but they do hold it against you . the pic is hard to see . is it just the bumper cover ? or did it get the headlight and fender too ? if its just the bumper id try and find one of the companies that does on the car ( like dealer lot work or a small damage repair shop ) usually they can just heat up the cover and pop it back out . even if they had to paint the entire bumper your prolly only looking at about 300 bucks to fix it . a lot of the on the car guys actually do pretty decent work . you can always ask them to show you a car they have done on the lot where there working to get an idea of there quality . this route will save you from
A a mark on car fax
B ins company holding the no fault accident against you later as they did to me
C you get to save a few bucks considering your gonna pay a 500 dollar decuctable anyway .

this is just my 2 cents from my past exp . it sucks thats for sure . good luck brother .
Element600ee is offline   Reply With Quote