View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
tommyguns
Track Member

Drives: 370Z/Sport/Black/MT
tommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Okay -- that's good! If you have seasoned guys with protuner cables and a dyno, you are set other than maybe colder plugs.

Unless they strongly urge you to use the shut off valve, I'd just see if they can have your "nitrous tune" aggressively pull timing if there's any sign of knock.

If knock sensor response gets too sensitive, you can always dial less sensitivity in (hell, you can probably have a "regular", "sensitive knock detect" and "ultra sensitive knock detect" map, the latter two for, say winter vs. summer.

As to the gear issue -- are you looking to start in a higher gear for traction? Have you looked into a launch controller?
I would like to set it so that the system is active but won't spray until I reach 3rd gear and beyond.
09 Sport / MB / 6sd / Nismo"R" Intake / Eibach Pro Kit / Z1 25 row cooler / JWT LW FW / New Short Block 3/11/11 /H&R 15fr 20rr/DBA 4000/FI CB with 12"res./Morel/JL/"Division"mod/SPC/EcuTek/M370/ZEX C SHOT/ART's/NRG
tommyguns is offline   Reply With Quote