View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #33 (permalink)
jpkirk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '14 MidBlu ST MT
jpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
The new 5.0 comes with independent rear suspension and an actual LSD. I think its a tad light now (3500lbs?)... I'm assuming its going to handle just as well, if not better than our Z's.

The GT's have had great handling for the past several years. We aren't in the 90's anymore.
Initial reviews would agree. The new GT tested by C&D came in at 3800+ lbs. so much heavier thant the Z and a little lighter thant the Camaro SS. Skidpad numbers were smoked by the Camaro with the 1LE at 1.01g with the Mustang at 0.95. 0 to 60 were both at 4.5 seconds so quicker, with quarter miles at 12.9 (Camaro), 13.0 (Mustang)

C&D picked the Mustang with the GT Performance Package over the Camaro with the 1LE. The 1LE package is tight and bumpy, great on a track, back breaking on the road. Since Ford is going after the Europe market with this rendition of the Mustang, they wanted a more refined ride and they got it with some loss in roadholding. They still thought it was better bang for the buck.

The Z beats the Mustang on roadholding but loses on straight line speed. The Z is better looking in my book. With the sports package you get that syncro rev match and that is a big plus for me, the one who needs remedial training in how to heel and toe.

my two bits ... ok eight bits.

intake | exhaust | wheels | tires | suspension ... um ... stock, do speed stickers count?
intake | exhaust | TE37 SL | RE-11 | suspension ... um ... do speed stickers count? Signature under construction
jpkirk is offline   Reply With Quote