View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 07:42 AM   #29 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
The AMS GTR Manifold is not just somewhat like the OEM manifold... it IS the OEM manifold. They cut out some of the runner length and weld in a new floor lower down spaced further from the original plenum lids, creating shorter runners and larger plenums... which is pretty much exactly what you would want for that car. This is why there is a $1200 core charge on top of the $3200 price. This of course makes a lot more sense for a GT-R owner who stands to pick up tons of power. But a NA Z isnt going to get much HP per dollar from an intake manifold without increasing the revs. *Maybe* 10hp if you hit a home run. How much is 5-10hp worth to most NA Z owners?

I honestly believe that most the community here want one for appearance more than anything. The stock one is just so hideous. There are very minimal HP gains to be found in an intake manifold for an all-motor 370z that is going to be running stock oil pump / redline IMHO. That is why nobody has really put the effort in yet... the payoff will be pretty slim.

If HP is what you are looking for... unless you are going to make some serious changes to the engine, I think the intake manifold is the wrong place to be looking.
sooooooooooooooo maybe with some boost it'll be worth it

also stop posting and go get you manifold done. i'm tired of fapping to your cad pics. i want some real stuff soon

324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote