View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 02:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamRacer View Post
You plan on keeping it on for a long time?
Until I feel like changing it up! I didn't buy quite enough dip...so I am pretty sure I will need to dip it again before I could peel it off anyway. I am hoping to do some graphics in the next few weeks as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Interesting to see how you applied it. You already covered most of the windshield and I am assuming the same with the rear hatch glass. The door glass and quarter were left uncovered along with the molding. Do you just peel it off where the overspray was on an undesired surface?

Sorry for the noob questions. I really want to dip my Z before my next track day to help preserve the paint. I was quoted $800-$900 for a local shop to do it.
For the most part... in some places where there isn't a big enough gap between rubber/plastic trim and the body its hard to peel..(example: rubber around rear glass.... black plastic around side mirrors) I ended up cutting those areas with an X-acto knife but it didn't come out great and I slipped with the knife and accidentally scratched my paint in one spot=(. Next time I will mask these and pull the tape while my last coat is wet (standard procedure with dip).

I also didn't spray enough on the side windows to peel it easy - next time I will mask all the way to the moulding to save dip and hassle. Lots of lessons learned this first time!

$800 seems like an ok price... the whole kit from DYC was only $450 though (including dip) and now I can dip again for just the cost of the gallons. The project took me about 10 hours total - I expect to cut that down to 6 or 7 next time though now that I have experience.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.

Last edited by Jayhovah; 10-30-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote