View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #44 (permalink)
6MT-Z34
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PW Z
6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Best power, fitment, and affability: Nismo "take off" exhaust, w H-pipe

For more power add any of the following:

1. ebay or other non-resonated test pipes - cheapest, but also most raspy and not very eco friendly...

2. Any resonated test pipe - more expensive, much less raspy, and as above.

3. The infamous ART pipes - much more expensive, sounds good, a bit more power, and as above.

4. Various High Flow Cats - slighly less power, varying degrees of rasp depending, and more eco nicey nice...

5. Various long tube headers (my personal recommendation = PPE). Much more power, good sound and modest rasp (varies), and there's no way to stop the tides from rising at this point anyway... (or weld in a cat somewhere if you wish/must).

Moral of the story: The OEM cats are the biggest restriction...

Also, changing the size of the OEM Y pipe pipe (not sure on the Nismo H if the diameter is changed from OEM...) generally results in a lot of additional "whooshing" noise on decel.

Good luck

Love my ART pipes...I'm planning on getting the motordyne exhaust next year to complement it
6MT-Z34 is offline   Reply With Quote