View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #42 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaukei View Post
OKAY, LISTEN GUYS. i have the same problem about the clicking noise on my 2010 40th Z, i took it to the dealership, they fixed it, cost is 130 dollars (Im in canada). So it is both Axle/hub/bearing needs lubrication. And yes They said this is a TSB only for 3 years 60000km, if not , then thats a maintenance. A lot saying the noise might come back, but still i give the dealership a shot, hopefully it won't come back.

DON'T LET ANY OTHER MEMBER FOOL YOU, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CALIPER, TRANSMISSION AND WHATEVER THEY SAID. IF YOU HEAR CLICKING WHEN YOU SLOWING DOWN THE CAR / START TO DRIVE/ REVERSE. THEN THATS A AXLE THING.
Yeah I'm sorry but It can be any of those things, they all eventually will make the same sort of noise, that is why your mechanic or dealer needs to be able to figure out exactly which one it is so they don't waste your money fixing something that isn't broken, the axle grease is just one of the more common problems. Don't let your dealer fool you just because something doesn't usually break doesn't mean it won't.

Or to sum that up just because on your car and a lot of cars it was the axles doesn't mean it is always the axles
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote