View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #477 (permalink)
mikey1600
Track Member

Drives: MY11 370z Black
mikey1600 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
I just spent this last weekend at GTM. I met with SAM and the tech actively working on my car. They are actively working on customer cars, putting together everyone's kits to be shipped, working on people's refunds and working to get things right.

I am not saying this as a fanboy or because of any affiliation...

I am saying this as that was what was obvious as fact while I was in the shop... People's names were on boxes with packing lists on them, there were whiteboards with projects on them and what was supposed to happen, Sam had a list of bills and refunds with checklists next to them... It appears they are working to make things right.

For those saying GTM is going bankrupt and we should all abandon ship... This is not the case... GTM as a business is not going anywhere. Were there bad decisions being made? Yes, and Sam is working to rectify the situation and learn from the mistakes.

For those upset about the MHI kit... To be honest Sam should not have opened the GB until after all the dev work was completed... I saw atleast 6+ sets of cast turbo manifold revisions! From talking to Sam a revision and recast could take up to 3 months... In that aspect alone I saw atleast at a minimum 1.5 years worth of revisions from R&D... The same went for the V3 turbo manifolds... I do not believe the kit was ready for the GB and it is definitely a business lesson GTM learned. For those awaiting refunds for this GB you will get your money... I asked Sam on this specific subject and he said they are working on getting refunds out slowly but surely.

The mood in the shop was more towards "let's get it done" attitude.

All in all: I went to check on my car and to get my extra parts and bring them home. I sat down with Sam and asked him many questions. I had Sam show me what was going on in the shop and I made observations while looking for my parts boxes and sorting through what stayed and what I took home. There was no evidence that GTM was in trouble at the shop.

I hope this unbiased update will give some of you better insight to what is going on.

Mike
it's good you are getting your car finished (I hope you really do for your sake), but pretty sure any of the current members wouldn't send any $$ their way for anything. Any new members asking about parts will get sent to the various train wreck threads, pretty sure they are screwed forum wise until next generation Z and most of us are not around anymore. (again not sure how much work came from the forums, would assume a fair bit)

They had a really good thing going with the group buy, but that's completely ruined their rep. Lots of people got completely screwed over and the people who didn't get screwed over, were all the other people saying that we were going to get screwed over lol