View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #67 (permalink)
wdkwang
Track Member

Drives: slidewayz
wdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here. By "lifting" do you mean letting the pedal come back up on it's own when you push it past the high engagement point? If so, what's the difference between that and having to push the clutch pedal further before engaging the clutch with a lower engagement point? Also, you don't have to push the clutch pedal passed the point of disengagement. A lower engagement point just equals more pedal travel. I'm not sure how it could possibly improve "feel" as you suggest.

With the exception of professional drivers, I can't imagine your foot travel is any different during hard (racing) shifts between a high engagement point and a low engagement point. You're pretty much going to be stomping on the clutch as hard and quickly as possible (all the way to the floor) and then letting off quickly and completely. I have a really low engagement but it is also super short. In a racing application I would adjust the upper switch, too, so that it stops the pedal barely above the engagement range. That way, as soon as I touch the pedal, it is manipulating the clutch. This allows the lower engagement point without the extra pedal travel.
i'm in line with how you like it. when i depress the clutch, i instinctively want to have it down to the floor. a low engagement point makes it easier for dd since there's less pivoting of the foot. just raise ur foot up an inch or so n it engages. i have some friends that prefer a high engagement point n their foot is basically hovering when engaging/disengaging. i tried it n it is the weirdest sh1t to me.
Powerhouse Amuse | K&N Typhoon Intakes | MotorDyne ART Pipes | Borla Catback Exhaust | B&M Short Shifter | Intake Ducts | Ichiba 25mm F/R Spacers | Carbon Fiber Interior Vinyl Wrap | Tints | 10000k HIDs | Vtak, yo!
wdkwang is offline   Reply With Quote